I want to share with you, my first project as part of the DT for Itsy Bitsy. I'm so happy and excited to be here. Today I will be sharing a mixed media project with you that has blended textures and some vintage hues.
To begin with, I used a MDF board as the base for my project. I trimmed it to 6 x 10 inches. Applied surgical gauze to it with Little Birdie Soft Gel Medium-Matte.
- Thereafter I applied Little Birdie Grainy Texture Paste to the board with a palette knife. The Grainy Texture paste is great for adding a gritty texture to projects.
- Next, I trimmed a second piece of MDF board to 4 x 8 inches and applied acrylic paint to it. I then covered it with Little Birdie Two step Crackle Medium.
- After that, I covered the boards and embellishments with black gesso. I always apply gesso to the embellishments before gluing them to my project.
- I first attached left over pieces of chipboards to give some dimension to my project. Then glued the embellishments, some of which are from the store and some from my stash.
- To add more texture, I applied Little Birdie Crystal Drops and Mixed Media Stones with soft gel medium in different areas around my main composition. The Crystal Drops and Mixed Media Stones are great for filling gaps in the composition and adding texture.
- Next, I applied Little Birdie Chalk Paint to the heart shaped embellishment and after that applied two step Crackle Medium to it. The Crackle Medium gives beautiful crackle effect and you can apply it as per your choice of cracks. Use a thicker layer for larger cracks and a thinner one for finer crackled effect.
- I colored my project with Little Birdie Chalk paints followed by Little Birdie Gold Alcohol Splash sprays and Color Splash Spray. Painted the angel with Little Birdie Tinted metallic paints to match with my choice of colours.
- Finally, I highlighted areas with Little Birdie Tinted Metallic Paints in Silver Oak and Golden Plum.
- Added Little Birdie Shimmer Crush in deep teal in some areas with Matte Gel Medium.
- I used a computer generated sentiment and applied it to my project with matte gel medium.
- You will find all the product details Here
I hope you liked my project.
Thank you for visiting.
I got inspiration from the following mood board.